Just the thought of this texture combination will make your mouth water. The great-tasting ice creams in this recipe, combined with the pecan crunch, are truly fantastic. You’ll be carried away with this one!
Layered Ice Cream ‘n’ Crunch Recipe
Recipe Contributor: Binah
- 10 honey graham crackers
- 2 sticks (1 cup) margarine
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup honey-backed pecans*, chopped
- 56 oz. tub Klein’s Smooth & Creamy Coffee Royal ice cream
- 1 (14 oz) container double fudge dessert sauce
- 56 oz. tub Klein’s Smooth &Creamy Vanilla ice cream
- 1½ cups pareve dessert topping, unwhipped
- ⅓ cup coffee liqueur *These may also be labeled as Israeli pecans or Chinese pecans.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Arrange graham crackers in a single layer on a 10″x15″ baking pan.
- Melt margarine in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes, then remove from heat. Stir in pecans. Pour and spread over graham crackers. Bake at 350° F for 10 minutes. Let sit for 30 minutes or until cooled.
- Cut cracker mixture in half, and crush each half into coarse crumbs. Sprinkle one half of the crumbs on the bottom of a 9″ x 13″ Pyrex baking dish.
- Cut vanilla ice cream int o ½” thick slices. Arrange slices over crumbs, overlapping slightly. Spread ice cream with a spatula, pressing down firmly, until ice cream is even. Freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
- Squeeze fudge sauce over ice cream. Scatter remaining crumbs over fudge layer. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Cut Coffee Royal ice cream into ½”-inch thick slices. Arragne slices over crumbs, overlapping slightly. Spread ice cream with a spatula, pressing down firmly, until ice cream is smooth. Freeze while preparing topping.
- Beat whip in a large bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold in liqueur. Spread on top of dessert. Freeze for 4 hours, until firm.
- Serve frozen, cut into slices.