These visually appealing ice cream bowls are a sensational ending for a milchig Yom Tov meal. Making the chocolate bowls is an extra step that means you’ll have a beautiful ice cream dessert, completely ready to go — no fussing at the end of the seudah!
Elegant Chocolate Ice Cream Bowls
Recipe Contributor: Binah
Yield: 8-10 servings
- 14 oz white chocolate
- 4 oz bittersweet baking chocolate
- ¾ cup Bakers Choice coconut crunch
Strawberry Ice Cream Filling:
- 2 cups Klein’s Smooth & Creamy vanilla ice cream
- ¼ cup Chevra frozen strawberries, thawed
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup milk
Prepare the chocolate bowls
- Place the white and dark chocolate in a double boiler and stir together until melted. Fill 8 to 10 2″ chocolate bowl molds and place in the refrigerator to harden, approximately 10 minutes.
- Once hardened, dip the edges of the bowls into the leftover melted chocolate and then dip into the coconut crunch. Set aside.
Prepare the ice cream filling
- Blend the ice cream, strawberries, sugar, and milk together in a bowl.
- Fill the chocolate bowls with the strawberry ice cream mixture. Freeze until firm, approximately hours.
- To create the garnish shown, pipe a lattice design out of melted chocolate onto a strip of hard plastic, such as transparency film.
- Before the chocolate hardens, bring the top of the design over to the bottom to create a teardrop shape.
- When the chocolate has hardened, carefully peel away the plastic. Place the garnish onto the center of the bowl.