The cookie dough bakes into a soft sheet of deliciousness, combined with a vanilla ice cream for a cookie-dough ice cream that is sure to be a hit with adults and kids alike! I served it scooped into waffle cups, topped with chocolate syrup, and chopped, toasted nuts and coconut. To all of you who don’t want to use margarine in your cookies, here is your answer!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Pie
Recipe Contributor: Mishpacha
Photography and styling: Baila Gluck
Yield: 16 Servings
- 2 graham cracker pie crusts (optional)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 56 oz. tubs Klein’s dairy vanilla ice cream
or 2 56 oz. tubs Kleins Non-Dairy vanilla ice cream.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the brown sugar, sugar, and oil until smooth. Add the eggs one at a time, along with the vanilla extract. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and salt together. Add to the mixer, and mix until incorporated. Add the chocolate chips and fold in.
- Spread the mixture onto a lined baking sheet, covering the whole sheet with a thin layer of dough. Bake for 9 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Meanwhile, defrost 2 tubs of ice cream halfway. They should not be fully melted, but just soft. Pour them into a large pan and break up the cookie dough into the ice cream. Mix gently and smooth with the back of a spoon. Pour into graham cracker crusts, if using, and freeze. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.