¾ cup oil
1¼ cups brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
2⅓ cups flour
Klein’s Lemon Sorbet
Candied pecans (my maple-glazed pecans from Whisk #135 would be perfect!), chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350⁰F. Grease a standard size muffin pan very well and set aside.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together oil and brown sugar until smooth. Add baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and eggs. Beat to combine.
3. Turn mixer to a low speed and add flour. Beat until just combined.
4. Divide the batter into the 12 cups in the prepared muffin pan. Bake for 18 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool completely before assembling the sundaes.
5. Place a ginger base on a plate. Place a scoop of lemon sorbet on top of it. Drizzle caramel sauce over it, then top it with chopped candied pecans. Serve immediately.
Yield: 12 sundaes
This dessert is a perfect example of summer-meets-fall, which makes it very ideal for Sukkos time. I never had a sorbet sundae until I came up with this dessert. But now I have to say that it might just be my new favorite!
Do ahead: The ginger base of this dessert freezes nicely. Add the sorbet just before serving.