Homemade Ice Cream Cones
Your favorite ice cream will taste even better in these homemade cones.
2/3 cup sugar
3 egg whites
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 melted butter or margarine
ITEM NUMBER: HICC
- Preheat oven to 400
- In a medium size bowl, beat the sugar and egg whites for 30 seconds.
- Mix in the flour until smooth, and then add the vanilla extract and melted butter.
- For each cone, scoop 2 1/2 TBS of batter onto baking sheet, spreading the batter into thin 6 inch circles (use a measuring spoon for accuracy).
- Bake for 7-8 mts or until golden brown, the remove sheet from oven.
- Working quickly, form each cookie into a cone, pinching the tip to seal tightly.
- Allow the cones to cool seam side down on a rack.
- Tip: If a cookie beings to cool and is difficult to shape, return in to oven briefly to soften it.
- No drip tip: The next time you serve in cones, place a mini marshmallow in the tip of each cone before scooping on the ice cream. The added treat will help prevent melted ice cream from leaking out the bottom of the a cone.