1 (56-ounce) container
Klein’s vanilla ice
cream, softened (This
can be done in the
4-5 long round
chocolate bars (such as
Pesek Zman or Klik)
1½ cups Rice Krispies
7 ounces good-quality
2 tablespoons oil
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. You can grease the sheet before adding the paper so it sticks.
2. Spread ice cream over the baking sheet. Place an additional sheet of baking paper on top. Using a rolling pin, roll out ice cream to an even layer. Freeze.
3. Once frozen, remove top baking paper. Place chocolate bars down the center of the ice cream. Roll ice cream in thirds over the chocolate bars, peeling the paper away from the bottom.
4. Turn ice-cream roll, seam side down. Pat Rice Krispies all over the top of the roll. Place a sheet of parchment paper over the roll and press the sides tightly to tighten and even out the cake. Freeze, with the parchment paper. Remove paper once cake is firmly frozen.
5. Melt chocolate. Stir in oil. Immediately pour over ice-cream roll.